Google
 
Web Osi Speaks!

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Grayson opts to swim in safer waters.

My friend, Trey Grayson, today sent me this email announcing his candidacy for his current office, and abandoning efforts to test the gubernatorial waters:
Dear Friend: You are among the first to know that today I announced I am seeking re-election for the office of Secretary of State. I am looking forward to completing the programs and initiatives that I started three years ago. Increasing the civic literacy and engagement of Kentucky's citizens has been an important goal of my office. That's why I will continue to work to restore the civic mission of our schools. Also, we have enhanced Kentucky's business environment by offering new services on our award-winning website and by advocating the modernization of Kentucky business laws. But more remains to be done. Finally, and most importantly, we must continue to prepare Kentucky for 21st century elections. Reforming the elections process ensures that we maintain the most secure environment for our most basic civic right - voting. While I am proud to be a Republican, I recognize that each day I work for all Kentuckians in an office that plays no favorites. You have entrusted that responsibility to me, and I have taken it very seriously. There are many tasks that lie ahead, and I want and need your support to serve another term as your Secretary of State. Thank you for your kind words and support these last few weeks. I have heard from many of you, and I can assure you that I remain focused on a commitment to principles over politics.
Sincerely, Trey Grayson, Secretary of State Commonwealth of Kentucky

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger KYJurisDoctor said...

Thanks for the rant.

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home