Google
 
Web Osi Speaks!

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Julian Carroll chides Pence ... again, colleague WISELY cautions against "throwing rocks."

On another Senate floor speech, KY Senator Julian Carroll takes issue with Lt. Governor Steve Pence's use of "a Chevy Tahoe, cell phone, Blackberry, Limousine and police protection" and requested that Mr. Pence refund his salary to the state treasury, after Mr. Pence ignored his earlier request to resign. Though Mr. Pence, the subject of the speech, retorted that "[p]erhaps he forgot that he gave this speech once already", the most poignant point of Senator Carroll's floor theatrics was what his colleagues did NOT do; this time, instead of some members applauding like they did before when a similar speech was given, a Democratic Senate colleague of Julian Carroll's, Senator Tim Shaughnessy from Louisville, defended Pence saying the lieutenant governor is "a man of great character." Beyond that, Senator Shaughnessy warned that "[Senators] should perhaps take a good look at [them]selves before ... throwing rocks at others," noting that "I don't have a Chevy Tahoe, but we've all been paid to be up here and I don't want people telling me to write a check [back to the state treasury]."
This sounds like a good advise to me, considering the obvious inability of the Legislature to get much accomplished this session, for which they've been handsomely paid. How about you?

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Osi: I was just surfing the web and came across your comments. We met at the hotel in Lexington where they had Gov, Fletcher's victory celebration. I copied down your e-mail address, and haven't been able to reach you by the one I have. So, I thought I'd leave you a message here. You can leave me an a-mail at kltdogenator@gmail.com with your address. I do hope you plan to run again in the future. Kathy

8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home