Google
 
Web Osi Speaks!

Monday, April 23, 2007

Is Fletcher "leading like Jesus" and paying the price for doing so?

The H-L has done a piece on Fletcher's campaign. In it the writer, John Stamper, compares Fletcher's early political life during the Merit System Investigation to the medical condition of having E coli septic shock -- a disease that nearly claimed Fletcher's life in real life. The writer suggests that the power of incumbency, "[a]t a significant cost to taxpayers" may be helping Fletcher in his comeback bid. Fletcher, a former Baptist Minister, in the piece likens himself to Jesus, stating that "[y]ou can lead like Jesus and be successful [though] there's a price to pay."

What do you think? Is Fletcher "leading like Jesus" and is he paying the price for doing so?

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jefferson said...

Fletcher is not leading at all.

11:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let me get this straight. He's comparing his leadership to Jesus' leadership. I don't remember Jesus ever taking the fifth. I don't remember Jesus ever lying...Perhaps I'm not as up on my Bible as I should be. I don't remember Jesus giving huge sums of money to Road Contractors and County/City Governments in order to buy support...but then again...maybe I don't read my bible like I really should.

I think rather than the Christ riding up to the Temple Gate on an ass...Ernie should just see himself as the ASS with no rider. I think that would put things in better context.

He's a preacher, turned liar. He's a doctor turned politician that should be charged with malpractice (he's a terrible politician). He a fighter pilot without a plane, an engineer with no blueprint, an astronaut wannabe that is closer to a political space-cadet. I would like to see him take a trip to the moon and stay there.

This is the man that gave 65% of his political appointments to Democrats. A Republican that is a Democrat in Republican Clothing.

Mr. Fletcher, you need to take a walk down the Damascus Road in order to see the light. It worked for Saul...and it might work for you. Saul saw the calling to a new profession. I suggest you do the same.

In summary, Ernie is an ASS...and should be turned out to pasture.

7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home