Google
 
Web Osi Speaks!

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Brad Cummings Update

A poster to my previous blog on Jefferson County left me some relevant information on Brad Cummings, the putative front-runner for Jefferson County Chairman. I had referred to him as a Metro Council "intern" which is not technically the job he holds. I have been in the habit of using the word "intern" just out of habit, to describe all the staffers for Metro Council members who are not the chief, designated Legislative Aide to the Councilman. No disrespect was intended toward his professional abilities.

I have only recently met Mr. Cummings, have been favorably impressed, and will consider him one of the younger people coming into the party these days with no ax to grind, unless proven otherwise. I understand he also did a fine job working on Trey Grayson's campaign. My only point was, he is a relative newcomer to Kentucky, to government and to politics, and therefore has always struck me as a somewhat peculiar choice for the chairman's role.

In any event, I wish him the best of luck in his new position.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home