Google
 
Web Osi Speaks!

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

A Message From My Good Friend, Congressman Brett Guthrie. Read It Below.

From Brett's Desk...

On Sunday night, I voted against the Senate-passed health care bill because of the negative impact it will have on Kentucky. An overwhelming majority of Kentuckians who contacted me are against this bill. So, for the past week, as I have been for months, I repeatedly voiced my concerns about the problems I saw included in the bill.

On Saturday morning, I participated in a press conference with my Freshman Republican colleagues.


As a former state senator who worked on Kentucky’s budget, I talked about the consequences of the millions of dollars in unfunded Medicaid mandates that would be sent to the commonwealth. Click HERE to watch a video of my remarks at the press conference.

On Sunday evening, I spoke on the floor of the House of Representatives prior to voting against the bill.

As the ranking member of the Higher Education, Lifelong Learning, and Competitiveness subcommitee, I not only spoke about the unfunded Medicaid mandate, but also the government takeover of student loans that is included in the reconciliation bill. Click HERE to watch a video of my speech.

Seniors in my district are looking for help, and this bill cuts Medicare by half-a-trillion-dollars.

Families were hoping for more affordable health care, and the bill raises their taxes and insurance premiums.

Kentucky's state legislators are working tirelessly to balance the state budget while preserving vital education and infrastructure projects and this bill gives them millions in unfunded Medicaid mandates.

And small businesses, who have historically employed more than half of the U.S. workforce, are seeking to get the economy back on track and this bill will make it harder for them to hire new employees and continue to provide for the ones they currently have.

The American people were were looking for the light at the end of the tunnel and Washington sent them a freight train.
The issue of health care reform is not over.We will work to repeal the government takeover of health care and start over with solutions that focus on lowering costs.
Feel free to visit my website to read my principles on health care reform, statements and press releases and watch videos.

I appreciate hearing your opinions on the future and direction of our country and encourage you to continue to email, call or write me to let me know your thoughts.

Sincerely,

BRETT GUTHRIE

Member of Congress

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home