Google
 
Web Osi Speaks!

Monday, July 30, 2012

JOHN MCCAIN DEFENDS HIS PICK OF SARAH PALIN, MAKES IT CLEAR HE ALSO DISAGREED WITH DICK CHENEY OVER USE OF TORTURE. OUCH! THOSE TWO ARE "TORTURING" US.

McCain defends Palin selection following Cheney criticism

Revisiting the last presidential race, Sen. John McCain defended his 2008 selection of Sarah Palin as his running mate after former Vice President Dick Cheney called the decision a "mistake."

The 2008 Republican presidential nominee, asked Monday about Cheney's comments, told Fox News that "everybody has their own views" and said he remains "proud" of the 2008 team's performance.

"I'm always glad to get comments four years later," McCain said, with a hint of mild sarcasm. "Look, I respect the vice president. He and I had strong disagreements as to whether we should torture people or not. I don't think we should have. But the fact is that I'm proud of Sarah Palin, I'm proud of the job she did, I'm proud of the job she continues to do."

Cheney addressed the 2008 vice presidential nominee selection in an interview over the weekend with ABC News.

"I like Governor Palin. I've met her, I know her. She's an attractive candidate. But based on her background she'd only been governor for what, two years. I don't think she passed that test ... of being ready to take over, and I think that was a mistake," he said.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/07/30/mccain-defends-palin-selection-following-cheney-criticism/#ixzz2276bAe1h

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home