Google
 
Web Osi Speaks!

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Republicans play waiting game.

Ryan Alessi is reporting that the Gov. and his primary opponent, Billy Harper, both recieved cool receptions at the Republican Steering Committee meeting in Frankfort yesterday, amidst speculation that Anne Northup may run for the office. It sounded like many were taking a wait-and-see attitude. What struck me as odd though was this statement from the Gov. touting his non-partisanship to show that the merit investigation was misplaced: Fletcher said the fact that 61 percent of the political appointees he's chosen for high-ranking posts have been Democrats makes it "very clear I've not been a partisan governor."
Oh well.
Also, I was unable to make it to Mike Duncan's reception, but I was informed that it was well attended by Senator Mitch McConnell, Gov. Fletcher and about 150 - 200 party faithful. I wish Mike Duncan well and I know he will do wonders for the RNC.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ernie could have atleast been fair to us. He could have given 50% of those positions to the Republicans....he's a Democrat in Republican Clothing. I won't vote for him for Dog-Catcher.

4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home