Google
 
Web Osi Speaks!

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Brandon Smith issues challenge to opponents.

In keeping with my promise to post releases for candidates, here is one from Rep. Brandon Smith, Republican candidate for Treasurer:

State Representative Brandon Smith Launches Treasurer Campaign
Challenges Opponents to a debate in every Congressional district

[Hazard, KY] Republican State Representative Brandon Smith (H-84), Republican candidate for State Treasurer, today challenged his opponents in the Republican primary to a debate in every Congressional District across the Commonwealth of Kentucky. "The voters have a great deal of choices in this year's race for State Treasurer and it's important that they have the chance to meet us, listen to us, and get to know us," stated Republican State Representative Brandon Smith. "I hope my opponents take the time to travel the state and accept my challenge to a debate on the issues in each Congressional District." "The job of State Treasurer is about protecting the pocketbook of the taxpayer. I have laid out a vision that includes a Kentucky Military Relief Fund, a financial management program, and a continuing education program for military personnel." "I will be traveling the state over the next 100 days telling the voters about myself and my vision. I am hopeful that the other opponents will talk about the issues and join me by debating in every Congressional district around the state."
###
Mr. Smith stated that "a Letter has been sent to all Republican candidates for Treasurer requesting a debate in each Congressional district [and giving them until February 1st, to respond]".

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

To each their own. However a large number of debates for a public service post such as State Treasurer, does not seem to pose much interest with the general public. My guess is few would attend.

5:39 PM  
Blogger KYJurisDoctor said...

With so many Governor candidates, it s going to be hard for other "down ticket" candidates to be heard.

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home