Google
 
Web Osi Speaks!

Friday, February 23, 2007

Quote(s) for the week.

1) "Other than my opinion that it shouldn't be changed during an election year, I don't think it'll affect me. There's no question I'll get over 40 percent of the vote."
- Republican gubernatorial candidate, Anne Northup, on whether the runoff provision should be repealed.

2) "Gubernatorial elections are not decided by name ID. If they were, Britney Spears would be governor."
- Carol Andrews, a spokeswoman for Miller, reacting to Miller's low name recognition in the recently released Bluegrass poll.

3) "I think that Donald Rumsfeld will go down in history as one of the worst secretaries of defense in history."
- Republican presidential candidate, John McCain, belatedly doing the "Rummy Shuffle".

4) "My grandson did not overdose. Howard was there when he died. And Howard was there when my daughter died. And he has my granddaughter now."
- Anna Nicole Smith's mom, raising suspicions about her daughter's hanger-on, Howard K. Stern, during a Florida court hearing on what to do with her remains.

5) "... I sure don't want Democrats or supporters of Democrats to be engaging in the politics of personal destruction."
- Democratic presidential candidate, Hillary Clinton, having a "political meltdown" while speaking (not of the "right wing conspiracy" this time, but her fellow Democrats) over the endorsement of her opponent, Barack Obama, by Hollywood media moguls who previously supported her and her husband, Bill.

6) "It's great, isn't it?"
- Republican Presidential Candidate Mitt Romney, on the "Rumble in the Hollywood jungle" spat between Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton, his Democratic opponents.

7) "I've had enough of 'non-binding.'"
- Sen. John Kerry (D-MA), on a new Democratic proposal to repeal the 2002 resolution authorizing the war in Iraq.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home