Google
 
Web Osi Speaks!

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

D. C. "Madam" releases phone records of clients, U. S. Senator David Vitter is first to apologize for "very serious sin".


The Washington, D. C. Madam, Debora Jean Palfrey, AKA Pamela Martin, who threatened to release the names of her clients has now released their phone numbers instead, prompting U. S. Senator David Vitter, Republican of Louisiana, to apologize for "a very serious sin in my past for which I am, of course, completely responsible", while explaining that "[s]everal years ago, I asked for and received forgiveness from God and my wife in confession and marriage counseling" and that "[o]ut of respect for my family, I will keep my discussion of the matter there -- with God and them. But I certainly offer my deep and sincere apologies to all I have disappointed and let down in any way."

In another one of many weired connections that touches Rudy Giuliani, (read other Giuliani posts here), Vitter was the first Senator to endorse him and currently serves as his southern regional campaign Chair.

Something tells me that Vitter is but the first in an anticipated parading long line of sin confessors. How about you?

Update: Here's a good feed on Senator Vitter (hat tip to TP), which begs the question of whether the Senator will now resign:

Sen. David Vitter (R-LA) first got his start in Congress after replacing former Rep. Bob Livingston (R-LA), who “abruptly resigned after disclosures of numerous affairs” in 1998. At the time, Vitter argued that an extramarital affair was grounds for resignation:

"I think Livingston’s stepping down makes a very powerful argument that Clinton should resign as well and move beyond this mess," he said. [Atlanta Journal and Constitution, 12/20/98]

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home