Google
 
Web Osi Speaks!

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Nebraska & WKU disappoint fans, as UK "Cats" go "WILD" over LSU enroute to SEC championship.


As many of you may know, I am a BIG fan of college sports, particularly football and then Basketball, and I watch the sports every chance I get. In fact, my family is equally as loving as I am.

Why NOT professional sports you ask? Well, I STRONGLY believe that MOST of the professional Athletes are SPOILED by money and are NOT terribly interested in giving the support their BEST knowing fully well that they will get paid regardless of the game's outcome.

NOT so with College Athletes who play the game (for the most part UNCOMPENSATED) because they love it and because they want to give it their BEST with the added incentive/drive/hope of making it in the "pros".

My team is the Nebraska Corn Huskers (for obvious reasons) and Western Kentucky University (because we live in Bowling Green). By default, I am also a fan of the Big Blue Wild Cats -- especially since they HEAVILY recruited my step-son (he went somewhere else) and we regularly attended the games and ate with the players and came on the field to watch the pre-game warm-ups, as guests of the Athletic department.

Anyway, today Nebraska continued its "Alka seltzer" moments by losing again -- where's Coach Tom Osborne when you desperately need him?. Western's Hill Toppers followed suit.

But the encouraging news is that UK "Cats" went "Wild" over top ranked #1 LSU, handing them a HUGE loss, while inching their way to the South Eastern Conference (SEC) finals.

Does ANYONE doubt UK anymore?

GO CATS!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home