Google
 
Web Osi Speaks!

Thursday, February 07, 2008

Meanwhile, back in Kentucky, Ron Lewis "publicly apologize[s] for my poor judgment" in 2nd Congressional district attempted "switcharoo"!

Here is the released statement of apology, courtesy of Mark Hebert:

“Last Tuesday, I made the difficult and deeply personal decision to announce my retirement from Congress. I struggled with this decision until the last possible moment. After prayer and consultation with my family, I chose to retire and encouraged a former member of my staff to launch a bid to become my potential successor.

“Upholding the trust of those that I represent has always been my primary objective in public office. My decisions last week were not thought through in a fair and realistic way. The political future of the region that I represent weighed heavily on my mind and, in hindsight, clouded my good judgment. I realize now the extent to which I have disappointed my constituents, supporters, colleagues and staff.
“I would like to publicly apologize for my poor judgment and humbly ask for the forgiveness of all those who I have let down. There are no excuses for how I chose to manage my announcement. I regret it deeply and want to do all that I can to put it right and restore your faith in me during my remaining time in office.
“I am humbled each day by the trust you have placed in me to serve your interests in Washington, DC. I intend to finish the final year of my congressional career fighting stronger than ever for a safer, hopeful future for Kentucky families. And when the 110th Congress draws to a close, I will look forward to leaving the seat that I occupy in good and capable hands, spending more time with my loved ones, and catching up on so many things that I have missed while in public office.
“Thank you for your continued understanding and support.”

Thoughts?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home