Google
 
Web Osi Speaks!

Thursday, December 15, 2011

SHOCKING Breaking News: Kentucky Congressman, Geoff Davis, Declines To Seek Re-election. We Will Miss His Service.

Congressman Geoff Davis Will Not Seek Re-Election
Washington, Dec 15 -

Congressman Geoff Davis [KY-4] made the following statement today:

"In order to devote more time to my family, I have decided not to seek re-election to the U.S. House of Representatives.

“It is an honor to have the trust and confidence of the citizens of Kentucky’s Fourth Congressional District.

"I have been blessed with an exceptionally competent staff who have helped thousands of Kentuckians over the years. Moreover, together we have passed critical pieces of legislation and enacted laws to reform our government, strengthen our national security, protect our veterans and service members, create economic revival and energy independence, and improve transparency and accountability of the government.

"As Chairman of the Ways and Means’ Subcommittee on Human Resources, we have set a new tone that combines genuine concern for the least among us, with pragmatic process reforms that are both compassionate and conservative. That attitude and focus have produced real results and proactive bi-partisan legislation, despite the negative partisan climate in Washington. Indeed, we have proven that people of diverse world views can find common ground and produce meaningful results.

"I thank the people of Kentucky's Fourth District for this honor and look forward to continued service to our community and to our Republic in other capacities as I return to the private sector. I also want to thank my friend and mentor, former Senator Jim Bunning, for his example of steadfast character and unimpeachable integrity in service.

"Most of all, I thank my wonderful wife Pat and our children for their unfailing love, grace under pressure, and tireless encouragement in answering this call to serve.

"I am grateful that I live in a country where a boy like me, growing up with little hope, could walk a path by God's grace that has allowed me to encounter His peace, the joy of true love, and service at the highest levels of our elected national government. Truly, we are blessed in this Republic."

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home