Google
 
Web Osi Speaks!

Friday, March 30, 2007

Campaign notes: Fletcher, Northup, Upchurch, Coleman, Richards and Beshear.

A few political happenings that I failed to blog yesterday. Here they are:

Gov. Fletcher WISELY authorized the use of $900,000 in discretionary funds to begin work on the Horse Park in preparation for the Equestrian games, that the Legislature failed to provide funds for before adjourning. If we are going to sponsor the games, we might as well start preparing for them!

Northup/Hoover ticket received endorsements from Representatives Dwight Butler (R-Harned), Tim Couch (R-Hyden) and John Vincent (R-Ashland). Representative Tim Couch, who represents Clay and Leslie counties as well as a portion of Harlan County, said, "Anne has the type of leadership ability that has been lacking in the governor’s office and I know Jeff Hoover will make a huge difference for Kentucky, especially in eastern Kentucky’s coal-producing counties".

Tim Coleman, who is running for Attorney General, held a well attended fund raiser in Bowling Green last night. Among the honored guests was Larry Forgy, who was passing out campaign cards for Melinda Wheeler, a candidate for Treasurer.

I received a campaign letter with literature from Ken Upchurch, who is running for Treasurer. I was VERY impressed with the fact that Ken did NOT solicit campaign contribution from me. It MUST be the FIRST time it has happened to me EVER. Like I said, I found that to be very IMPRESSIVE. Normally, politicians in campaign mode ONLY want to hear from your MONEY!

Jody Richards garnered endorsements from his Democratic colleagues in the House. The list can be found on Pol Watchers, since I did NOT receive the information myself. I will start to ONLY report campaign news that are emailed to me, UNLESS for some reason I deem them to be ESPECIALLY news worthy. This is kind of a heads up to campaigns to email information they need posted.

And Steve Beshear sent me an email touting his new plan to expand health care to all Kentuckians, starting with children. Read the GAMBLING plan to find the specifics and decide for yourselves -- I say "gambling plan" because the plan relies on "$500 million" generated by the as-yet-to-be-constitutionally-approved gambling supported by the Beshear/Mongiado ticket.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home