Google
 
Web Osi Speaks!

Sunday, May 13, 2007

HAPPY Mothers' Day to ALL.


To my dearly departed Mother, to my wife, sisters, and ALL mothers out there, I wish you ALL a HAPPY Mothers' Day. While Mothers everywhere are pampered today with food, flowers and flowing (but usually broken) promises of helping with house work, I remind everyone of the REAL reason Mothers' day was proclaimed:

In the name of womanhood and humanity, I earnestly ask
That a general congress of women without limit of nationality,
May be appointed and held at someplace deemed most convenient
And the earliest period consistent with its objects,
To promote the alliance of the different nationalities,
The amicable settlement of international questions,
The great and general interests of peace.

- Julia Ward Howe, Mother's Day Proclamation, 1870

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home