Google
 
Web Osi Speaks!

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Newpaper report proves me right: As I keep saying until I am NOW blue in the face, the SOLE issue may be conflict of interest and NOT a crime!

I received an ominous tip from a commenter on this blog telling me to read the Herald Leader this morning for a story on Steve Beshear. The commenter, being OBVIOUSLY mistaken, wondered how I was going to spin the story.

First of ALL, let me benevolently remind the anonymous commenter that I NEVER spin, as I have made that CLEAR in my blog description. Others who are TRUE to themselves, and are less delusional, will agree with me. I leave the spinning to other blogs.

Secondly, the H-L story changes NOTHING in my mind and adds NOTHING to what I already said here: The WORST that appears from the talk of the facts surrounding the Kentucky Central case is that someone or some people at the Sites and Harbison law firm FAILED to avoid the appearance of impropriety and/or represented two opposing sides in a legal matter without first obtaining an INTELLIGENT, KNOWINGLY and VOLUNTARILY given waiver from the parties involved.

This is NOT a crime, but could bring sanctions from the Bar Association (if the statute of limitations still apply) for those involved.

And if it is as bad as some want to make it out for Steve Beshear, why would someone, who is obviously NOT in Beshear's camp (but NOT Steve Beshear himself, who MAGNAMIOUSLY wants the report release), ask that the report be kept secret? Would it NOT serve their political interests to ask that the report be released or at the very least to remain silent at the hearing?

It is time, folks, to start talking about REAL issues that affect REAL people for the REAL future.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you saying that conflicts of interest can not be crimes?

12:31 PM  
Blogger KYJurisDoctor said...

ONLY if the conflict of interest violates some criminal law(s)/statutes. In this case, what criminal law(s)/statutes do you claim that Steve Beshear could have violated PERSONALLY (NOT his law firm), even speculatively speaking, which is what EVERYONE has at this point WITHOUT the release of the secret report?

2:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Osi your naivte about who may or may not want this report released is remarkable.

2:22 PM  
Blogger KYJurisDoctor said...

Thanks. I'll take that as a compliment, considering the politically corrupt world that we live in.

3:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Osi If an estate lawyer willfully favors one or more legal beneficiaries over others is that a crime or just an "ethics" violation?

6:53 PM  
Blogger KYJurisDoctor said...

anon. 6:53 PM: Please re-read my post and comments, unless you consider your comment/question a rhetorical one!

7:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Osi- Is the invocation of 5th amendment privilege an admission of guilt? BTW Rhetorical questions are asked of oneself or when the answer's obvious, so I'll also ask my 6:53 question again?

7:41 PM  
Blogger KYJurisDoctor said...

Bingo about answer being obvious!

8:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bingo? What's that Osi? Legalese for bulls--t? And your conjecture that a DOI attorney opposing the release of the mystery report translates to the Fletcher campaign opposing it, or that Beshear MAGNANIMOUSLY wants it released is spin or bullsh--t or simple naivte.

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home