Google
 
Web Osi Speaks!

Monday, June 23, 2008

Senator Mitch McConnell Needs Your Help. Donate To His Campaign Today.


Here's the email:

Osi,

I’ll keep this short, because I know you’re busy.

As you may remember, the Federal Election Commission requires campaigns to report their financial position at the end of the quarter. That’s just seven days away. I need to raise as much as I can from friends like you so our campaign can file a strong report at the end of the month. You see, the press, pundits, both political parties, and my opponent’s liberal allies will all look at this report as sign of our campaign’s strength heading into the fall.

Please help me file a strong report by making a secure online contribution right now.

The stakes couldn’t be higher this year for Kentucky and the nation.

My opponent boasts of being the hand-picked candidate of liberal New York Senator Chuck Schumer who leads the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Commmittee.

If elected, my opponent will vote in lockstep with the Democrat majority in the Senate. And that means that we’d have one less vote for our efforts to support more domestic energy production to reduce our dependence on Middle East oil, and we’d have one less conservative voice fighting against the Senate Majority’s efforts to increase taxes – even on people who make as little as just over $30,000 per year!

I’ve always believed that actions speak louder than words. Just this month, I fought for nearly $3 million to make Kentuckians safer by supporting measures to prevent child abuse, give our local sheriffs and police departments the modern tools they need to fight crime, and create an “early warning network” to alert Kentuckians of severe life-threatening storms in advance of their arrival.

I have also been campaigning earlier and harder this year than ever before. As I’ve mentioned, partisan activists from across the country want to make an example of this campaign. They must defeat me to get to a filibuster-proof liberal super majority in the U.S. Senate.

To make matters worse, my opponent is a millionaire who has already spent over $14 million of his own money in two unsuccessful statewide campaigns. There’s no telling how much he will spend in an attempt to “buy” this seat.

And that’s why I need your help. As we approach this critical deadline, the choice couldn’t be clearer. And by making a contribution you will send a message to my opponent that Kentuckians support my re-election campaign.

Please take a moment right now to make a special end-of-quarter contribution to help me continue to fight for Kentucky. And thank you again for all your help in our campaign.


Senator Mitch McConnell

P.S. The end of the FEC filing period is just seven days away. Please help me file the best report possible by making a secure online contribution today. Thanks again.

Editor's comment: To donate, please go to the right hand side of this blog and click on the "Support Team Mitch, Donate Now" button to donate to the campaign.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home