Google
 
Web Osi Speaks!

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

PSYCHO Jodi Arias Pleads For Her Life! I Thought The Psycho Wanted The Death Penalty. Well, Let's Make Sure She Gets It!!

 

Jodi Arias pleads for a life sentence

Arias awaits sentencing for first-degree murder in Phoenix.

Jodi Arias, who said after her murder conviction she would prefer the death penalty to life imprisonment, stood before the jury Tuesday and pleaded for her life, asking them not to punish her family for her actions.
She also referred to the family of her victim, onetime lover Travis Alexander, saying, "I never meant to cause them pain."

Arias, 32, was found guilty May 8 of first-degree murder for the 2008 slaying of Alexander, 30, who was found dead in his suburban Mesa, Ariz., home. He had been shot in the head and stabbed nearly 30 times, and his throat was slit.
Arias said she killed Alexander, her secret lover, in self-defense; the jury thought otherwise.
Last week, the jury determined that the murder was committed in an "especially cruel manner," making Arias eligible for the death penalty. They heard tearful comments from Alexander's brother and sister as they described how his killing has torn their lives apart.

Arias' plea for a life sentence Tuesday was a reversal from remarks she made to a TV reporters shortly after her conviction, when she said she preferred the death penalty over a life in prison.
"Each time I said that, I meant it, but I Iacked perspective," the former waitress said. "Until very recently, I could not imagine standing before you and asking you go give me life."
She changed her mind, she said, to avoid bringing more pain to her family, who were in the courtroom.
"I cannot in good conscience ask you to sentence me to death, because of them," Arias said, pointing to the family members, including her father. "I think death is tantamount to suicide. Either way, I will spend the rest of my life in prison. It will either be shortened, or not. If it is shortened, the people who will be hurt is my family. I am asking, please, please, don't do that to them."

The judge in Phoenix instructed jurors they can consider a handful of factors when deciding what sentence to recommend, including the fact that Arias has no previous criminal record.
Arias, wearing glasses, looked at the jury from time to time, but largely read from notes on a sheaf of papers she clutched in her hand. At other times, she referred to photos on a screen to her left, mainly of family members.

At one point, she held up a white T-shirt with the word "survivor" written across it, telling the jurors that she would sell the clothing and donate all proceeds to victims of domestic abuse.
At one point in her remarks, Arias said she regretted how her trial, which drew national attention, had become a spectacle. She said she especially regretted testifying to the "darker elements" of her relationship with Alexander.
"It has never been my intention to malign his name or character," she said. "In fact, it was a goal of mine to protect his reputation."
"To this day, I can hardly believe that I was capable of such violence, but I know that I was," Arias said. "And for that, I am going to be sorry for the rest of my life. Probably longer."

Editor's comment: Just in case you've forgotten how we got here, watch videos below:

What the PSYCHO claimed happened:




She begs for her life:


Other videos you might want to watch:





Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home