Google
 
Web Osi Speaks!

Friday, May 25, 2007

Quote(s) for the week (Kentucky primary election special edition).

1) "I will tell you I didn't see this coming."
- Jody Richards, on the election results where he place fourth out of six person race.

2) "People now recognize that we're going to be a major player in the Democratic Party."
- Gatewood Galbraith, who came in fifth, with 6% of the total vote cast.

3) "Well, I guess we've answered the electability question,"
- Ernie Fletcher, on his 50% primary win margin in the three way race.

4) "We've got a divided Republican Party and anyone who suggests otherwise is disingenuous and being untruthful."
- Jack Richardson IV, the Jefferson County Republican Party chairman, on the Republican Party primary election.

5) "He's not as great a politician while he governs, but when the campaign starts, he becomes a great political operative. He's just a great candidate. People like him."
- Republican Senate President David Williams of Burkesville.

6) "The combination of a mild primary and four years of not having influence in Frankfort will unite the activist Democrats."
- Former Kentucky Governor, Paul Patton.

7) "It looks like hard-core Democrats took me to the woodshed for supporting Ernie four years ago."
- Bruce Lunsford stating the obvious.

8) "I am a little disappointed with Jefferson County, as much as I've laid my life out for this community."
- Steve Henry, "grousing, immodestly".

9) "We're ready to make sure that tomorrow our party is stronger every day than it was in the past, and we look forward to being a team again."
- Anne Northup, to her supporters while conceding the election.

10) "There's nothing that's wrong with Kentucky politics that can't be fixed by what's right about it."
- Mark Nicholas, Bluegrassreports.org Blogger, in a farewell speech announcing his move to Montana.

There they are. I may have missed one or two memorable quotes this week, so let me know what I missed and I may update this post -- with your suggested quotes.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about Harper? After his quixotic attempt went down hard, I hear he has been very ingracious, but I haven't seen exact quotes.

2:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Told you Jody had no chance!

2:46 PM  
Blogger KYJurisDoctor said...

Yep, you did. But I wasn't saying he had a chance -- just that he SHOULDN'T be QUICKLY counted out. I suspect many of his supporters left for Beshear to help him avoid a runoff!

5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home