Google
 
Web Osi Speaks!

Monday, September 03, 2007

*** The Courier-Journal misses point with GOP story. ***

The Courier-Journal misses point with story that "GOP districts got disproportionate share of road bond", by failing to make a comparison between this administration and the previous ones so we can get a CLEARER picture of what's REALLY going on.

What do I mean?

Well, I remember when I first moved here, it was a known fact and the subject of amusement to many that you could tell where prominent Republicans lived because the public road leading directly to their homes were unpaved while those of prominent Democrats were nicely paved. I was driven around and shown CLEAR examples in different parts of the state -- particularly in this South Eastern part.

There were a lot of "ha-has" and guffaws that accompanied that acknowledgment.

I am not saying that what the paper has reported needs to be condoned or not, I am merely making a statement that should suggest to ALL that the LONG NEGLECTED Republican roads MUST now, with a Republican in the Governor's office, deserve URGENT attention.

In that respect, why is it that the adage: what is good for the goose should also be good for the gander, should not apply here?

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Johnathan Gay said...

Osi:

Very accurate. I just saw this post when I went to Conservative Edge. I just finished a similar one that goes into some detail about that very phenemon you describe. It's too bad Loftus couldn't have called someone like Robert Stivers for a quote when he wrote that.

BTW, I found Williams' quote amusing. He's the most witty person in Frankfort.

Hope all's well.

3:19 PM  
Blogger KYJurisDoctor said...

Thanks, Johnathan. Tom is a very good reporter, but I think he should have gone beyond the reporting like he did.

5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home