Google
 
Web Osi Speaks!

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Kentucky Chief Justce, Joseph Lambert, To Resign On June 27 And Attain Senior Status.


Kentucky Supreme Court Chief Justice, Joseph Lambert, will resign his office effective June 27th, so he can enter into the state's senior judge program, which is expected to cease come January 31st, 2009, because it's authorization was NOT approved by the Legislature, largely due to the efforts of Senate President, King David Williams, who opposed the program as a "boondoggle" for judges.

Here is the CJ's statement:

"We have made great progress in the last decade to improve Kentucky courts and make them more responsive to the needs of Kentucky's families and children. As with any individual's efforts, however, there comes a time to move on."

Lambert, 59, was first elected to the state's highest court in 1986, where he has as Chief Justice since 1998.

I do not know how many of you feel about Chief Lambert, but I believe he has GREATLY improved the court system during his tenure.

As for personality, the CJ has been one of the most personable people I have met.

No matter where he saw me, he ALWAYS made it a point to reach out to me to call me by name, shake my hand, say hello, and spend time holding a conversation with me. As a Chief Justice of our state's highest court, he did not need to do that with this lowly lawyer.

But he did, and I ALWAYS appreciated it.

So it is with hope for a continuing bright future that I wish the Chief the very BEST in his new endeavor.

As for his replacement as Chief, I hope the Justices pick my friend, Justice John Minton. He is one of the very BEST that Kentucky has to offer.

Update 4/25: The C-J has a story on the Chief.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home