Google
 
Web Osi Speaks!

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Update: Indicted Alaska U. S. Senator, Ted Stevens, Says He "Never Knowingly Submitted A False Disclosure Form Required By Law As A U. S. Senator".


Here is the response as posted on his website:

Statement from Alaska Senator Ted Stevens

I have proudly served this nation and Alaska for over 50 years. My public service began when I served in World War II. It saddens me to learn that these charges have been brought against me. I have never knowingly submitted a false disclosure form required by law as a U.S. Senator.

In accordance with Senate Republican Conference rules, I have temporarily relinquished my vice-chairmanship and ranking positions until I am absolved of these charges.

The impact of these charges on my family disturbs me greatly.

I am innocent of these charges and intend to prove that.

Editor's comment (and I give the Senator his "innocent until proven guilty" process that's due him):

Firstly, in a Clintonisque denial, notice the Senator's use of the qualifier "knowingly". That means he did what he has been accused of doing, but his doing was done without being KNOWINGLY done!

Secondly, they all say: "I am innocent of these charges and intend to prove that", just before they COP a Plea!!

And thirdly, notice he limited his statement to his time in the U. S. Senate. That means we should NOT inquire about anything before then!!!

Oh BTW: The mass exodus has begun away from the Senator. As you can read from the link "North Carolina Sen. Elizabeth Dole is giving to charity $10,000 in campaign cash she received from Sen. Ted Stevens".

Below is the Reuters News video of the news of the indictment:

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger cw allen said...

great post!! looks like that bridge to nowhere might actually be a bridge to the big house !!!

7:29 PM  
Blogger KYJurisDoctor said...

YEP. LOL!

10:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, No. He can't be guilty. He is a life long Republican and they don't commit crimes. Only those low-life Democrats do that.

7:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home