Google
 
Web Osi Speaks!

Monday, August 27, 2007

Me and Obama: a study in disappointment and frustration.

Yesterday, My wife and I drove 3 hours to Lexington to see, and hear Obama speak. Like many, we had to "cough up" a few of our meager hard earned "dead Presidents" to do so. The euphoria (or maybe bad gas) that we felt QUICKLY evaporated as his people told us we could NOT attend. The reason you ask? Well, the event was OVERBOOKED -- yep OVERBOOKED. We had to turn around and drive 3 hours back home.

But that was NOT the most frustrating part of it all. One of the volunteers was so nonchalant about our predicament that as far as she was concerned, our dropping dead on the floor before her, might not have elicited the slightest sympathy.
I have since requested a refund, and I'll do EVERYTHING in my power to get it back, too. I suppose with all the millions he receives, my ticket price is less than a "srop in the bucket", but it is my drop, darn it!

If this is what one can expect from his organization (volunteers or not), I will NOT bother making another trip. Disappointed and infuriated are NOT the proper terms to use to describe how I feel, but I'll keep it CIVIL!!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sucks, Osi. Make sure you get a refund! I couldn't imagine why they wouldn't at least reimburse you for that silliness.

11:41 AM  
Blogger KYJurisDoctor said...

Thanks. I'll INSIST on a refund, and no MORE invitations.

5:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Before you pop a vein: There was a reason the doors opened THREE HOURS before the event started. Most people realize these events fill up quickly and arrive early. That's something you should have done. Having been there myself, I can tell that you didn't show up until it was just before the event began-- they were still letting people in til then.

That aside-- you can't legally expect your money back the night of the event. They'll have to go through the process of returning funds via FEC guidelines.

Why would you waste your money to hear the same tired speech he always gives, anyway?

1:21 PM  
Blogger KYJurisDoctor said...

anon 1:21. I can easily see you WEREN'T there. (1) The doors did NOT open 3 hors early; (2) No need to allow early -- I paid for tickets and I should have a contractual (ticket) right to be there and to have a space. The campaign should NOT be permitted to OVERSELL tickets! (3) Since from your statement it IS OBVIOUS you WEREN'T there, how about "zipping it" lest you further EXPOSE your abject IGNORANCE!!

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home