Google
 
Web Osi Speaks!

Thursday, September 20, 2007

***** Jena, 6. *****

I have not blogged about the Jena, 6, controversy because of the involvement of Rev. Al Sharpton and Rev. Jesse Jackson. I am unable to discern if there's anything there or just a propaganda ploy for the Revs, but the rally planned for today seems HUGE.

Don't get me wrong, I believe in EQUALITY before the law, but I'm always suspicious of some people's motives.

What are your feelings and thoughts on Jena, 6?

Update: Here is more information on the Jena, 6, and the events of today.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Johnathan Gay said...

Osi:

You might want to file this under the "fools rush in where angels fear to tread", but I'll take you up on this request for feedback.

I think this is one of those situations where there's plenty of blame to go around. Obviously the kids shouldn't have beaten the kid unconcious. The prosecution may have overcharged, but hey, isn't that what prosecutor's do? That's what they've done whereever I've practiced. There may have been some politics but I'd say for the state it was more about right side of the track than wrong.

As for the morons who wore nooses... ah for the days when teachers could grab those things and use them to whip the brats. Obviously a bunch of stupid kids with racist thoughts. No way of telling how emblematic that is from the story.

Obviously there are some racial tensions in that community. But bringing in dividers and black nationalists like Sharpton and Jackson only increases that. This would have been a great time for Bill Clinton to come, frankly. But he's not fool enough to rush into such a controversy.

Racism is alive and well today, but not of the same sort that Blacks used to face. How do we eliminate these last vestiges of a darker past? I don't have an answer, but I suspect things like this are on the wane.

9:40 PM  
Blogger Johnathan Gay said...

O;

I meant to say "right side of the track people vs. wrong side"... socioeconomically speaking.

9:41 PM  
Blogger KYJurisDoctor said...

I know what you meant, Cyberone, because your heart is ALWAYS in the right place.

1:33 AM  
Blogger KYJurisDoctor said...

As for your question on how to stop racism, that kind of CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME!

1:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home